Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi

Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi
Vietnam's Night Lights
I cannot emphasize enough how much I love train rides, judging from my willingness to choose 20 odd hours train rides over a short plane ride (and how much I'm terribly afraid and uncomfortable with planes).

Before the trip, my plan was to take a train from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi, to slowly take in the last country that I'll be in before returning home. I went around town asking for ticket prices for the train to Hanoi and to my bemusement (for good or for bad), the train ride will take around 26 hours and cost a little more than a 2-hours plane ride. How ridiculous! Buses cost three quarter as much and will take around the same time as the train.

And so I broke my own rule for the trip. (This was supposed to be a pure overland trip)

Ho Chi Minh Aiport
I booked a plane ride to Hanoi from HCMC for around 80 bucks using my phone, and off I went to Hanoi.
Previous
Next Post »