Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

To be honest, Siem Reap was a little out of the way, given the fact that my next destination was Ho Chi Minh City, as the journey from Siem Reap to HCMC would mean passing by Phnom Penh again, before reaching Ho Chi Minh. But, what's a trip to Cambodia without visiting the world-famed Angkor Wat?

Detour to Siem Reap
Bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
Almost all guesthouses in Phnom Penh allows you to buy bus tickets to Siem Reap, and so I got mine from my guesthouse at 9 USD, including a tuk-tuk to take me to the bus station. To be honest, at this point in time, I was already getting used to the buses in the region, so this bus wasn't that bad after all. The bus had Khmer music videos playing over and over, so whilst I didn't understand any of it, at least there was something to watch. The journey was around 7 hours so while you're at it, might as well take a nap? (explains my lack of photos or anything spectacular sights on the way)

Siem Reap and the famed Angkor Wat Archaeological Site next!
Previous
Next Post »